The biggest challenge that every living being on this planet is facing right now connects with climate change. It is affecting our ecological balance and inflicting unprecedented damages to mother Earth if not checked now. In the last year itself, we have seen catastrophes almost every alternate day, somewhere on the planet which we call home.
“Climate change is a problem of today having roots in yesterday and having impacts on the future.”
Youth being the most active changemakers act as the medium to drive a revolution for positive climate action, The Youth For Earth Campaign aims to motivate the young ones like you to showcase involvement for healing our planet through innovative projects and associated actions.
Time to ACT is – Now!
ABOUT YOUTH FOR EARTH
This movement of Youth action started in 2020 with the partnership of Mobius Foundation, The Climate Project Foundation - India & South Asia, and Earth Day Network coming together to celebrate and spread the on-ground works and projects undertaken by our young torch bearers, positively impacting their surroundings, community, state, nation, and humanity.
YOUTH FOR EARTH CAMPAIGN 2023
- The upcoming initiative Youth for Earth 2023 invites all the participating teams to implement a project based on the theme of SDG 13: Climate Action. The selected projects based on the criteria will be showcased and facilitated at the international platform - ICSE 2023 to be held at New Delhi, India.
- We will provide a platform to showcase your efforts and broadcast your voice for the betterment of the planet.
- The motivated youth from the countries of South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives and Sri Lanka) are invited to join our campaign.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE?
- The youth can participate in the campaign as a team (minimum of 5 in one team)
- Teams can participate in two categories competing within their respective categories:
- Junior: Classes from 9th up to 12th (Schools)
- Senior: Graduation/ Postgraduation (Colleges & Universities)
- The team must have a name of the project you are submitting for Youth for Earth campaign 2023 and should nominate a team lead to represent your team.
- Projects/campaigns need to be carried out either through physical or hybrid (Physical + online) means.
- Registration of the team is mandatory for the participation. There is no registration fee. Click here for the registration form
- The timeline for the project should be from April 2023 – July 2023. However, any project starting from September 2022 can also be reported under the campaign. Example, you are running a river cleaning project from 1 September 2022, the project submitted should be functional during April 2023 – July 2023 to be considered for the Youth for Earth campaign
- Submitted projects will be evaluated by the jury consisting of eminent environmentalists and sustainability experts and based on the project, would be considered for further mentoring as well.
Your participation will go a long way and would be recognized at the national, regional, and international levels.
The theme of all the projects should be based on SDG 13: Climate Action
Some suggestions from our end are: climate change, climate protection, , water conservation, soil and air protection, cleanliness drives, net zero transition topics, biodiversity conservation, eco regeneration, global warming and pollution control, natural and organic farming, sustainable transport, E- Vehicles, pond/river cleaning, decentralised waste management (housing colony, society or bigger level) etc.
Note*: These are suggested topics and not mandatory to follow, it is given for ideation only.
Submission link will be out soon! Keep following our social media for more updates.
The projects will be selected on the basis of the following parameters:
- Relevance in the context of climate action & sustainability
- Applicability & Replicability
- Creativity and Innovation
- Climate Positive Impact
- Future Potential of Project
- Registration Open Date: 30 March, 2023
- Registration Deadline: 30 May, 2023
- Project Submission Deadline: To be announced.
SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES
The participating group must post & propagate about their projects and timely progress of the same on social media platforms periodically.
Tag both of our social media handles on Instagram, it is mandatory to get brownie points to measure progress on your project:
THE CLIMATE PROJECT FOUNDATION:
RECOGNIZATIONS AND AWARDS
- 5 winning change-makers each from Junior and Senior teams will be awarded cash Prizes:
- 1st Prize – INR 50,000
- 2nd Prize – INR 30,000, and Commendation 3rd, 4th and 5th rank holders will be awarded with a cash prize of INR 25,000 each.
*The copyright of winning projects shall lie with Y4E and the content can be used further by Y4E team for promotion and other purposes.
PAST YOUTH FOR EARTH PROJECTS
Youth for Earth is all about solutions that speak of innovation and a new approach to tackle the increasing issues our mother earth is facing. These solutions from our young leaders act as an inspiration to the new changemakers. The links below showcase videos and other relevant details from the past two editions.
It is time to ideate your climate action stories for Youth for Earth 2023!